Engine Starts To Surge, Hard To Stop Seal Of This Might Hurt

2000 Oldsmobile Alero engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Oldsmobile Alero:

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Apr 082015

Alero GX 2.4L

My car is used, the beginning mileage was 54,827, now 74, 018 miles or around that, brought it 03/2004. Last year the engine would surge, rpm was over the 4. The third mechanic replaced the fuel tank pressure sensor (P0442). On 04/08/2015 the engine started surging again, rpm was around 3 or little over, as I put on my brakes it was hard to stop the car from moving. When I put on the brakes I heard a grinding sound, then the check engine light did not show. (I have new brake pads and rotors put on, that is not the problem). Find a place to pull over to let the engine cool down, waited for one and half hours, then I started the car up, it started up fine, no problem. As I was going home (first drop my son off at his house, he lived about 8 miles) the car lost speed, power, I was going about the speed limit 30-35, when I push on the accelerator the car bogged down.

I had taken it to four different mechanics, first two mechanics took my money, the problem was not fix, the the third was a GM car dealer, they put fuel tank sensor on, it run good for about 8-9 months then the problem start up again. And the fourth mechanic just checked the sensors and had tighten up the fuel gauge pressure that someone forgot to tighten.

I don't have the money to keep taking it to these suppose- to- be mechanics to fix my car and for them just to take my money because I am a woman. I just want the car fixed right so I won't be in an accident or hurt someone. Yesterday I come close enough to be in an accident, I do my research on the computer to see what the problem is. I tell them that, they turn a mute ear. A woman knows her own car better than the mechanic.

- , Sseattle, WA, USA