Head Gasket Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

9.3

$2,000.00

1. I have it in my attached garage now making the repair slowly (2 reports)
2000 Oldsmobile Alero engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Oldsmobile Alero:

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Feb 102005

Alero 3.4L

Had fluid leaking & couldn't trace it. Friend of mine said that car drank coolant like fine wine. Took it to dealership had 1000 left before extended warranty expired. Changed gaskets...

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jan 012009

Alero GSL V6

I have replaced the engine and 2 months later the intake gasket is out again. I am so done putting all my money into this car to keep it running. Before the new engine, I had put 3 intake gaskets on it. Waste of my money. I don't want another piece of crap again. I am currently looking for a new car and not sure what to get because I don't want the same problems I have now. The windows half the time would not go down, I needed to have the pulleys replaced, strut went through my wheel well...you name it I paid for it to get fixed. If anyone knows of a class action law suit filed let me know as I would like to get some of my money back.

- , Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Mar 042006

Alero

I purchase the car with about 30,000 miles. I paid extra for a warranty the one I was suppose to have never arrived. I told the loan company not to pay the extra 2000 for the extended warranty, until I had something in my hand. I never did. I was screwed by GM, the dealer and the bank. I have refused to pay any more on this piece of crap. I love the way it drives, great power, but the design of the head and intakes could have been performed better by a neanderthal than the job that the Oldsmobile Engineers did. They closed the plant, not because the employees were bad, but because the product sucked. My next car will be a TOYOTA or SUBARU.

As a final note stay away from TideWater Financial in my opinion they are in bed with some very bad people.

- , Fowler, MI, USA