NHTSA — Visibility/Wiper Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt

1,177,000 miles

2001 Oldsmobile Alero accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero:

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Jun 042013

Alero 6-cyl

• 1,177,000 miles

I recently bought a used 2001 Oldsmobile Alero gl and not even a day later, the turn signals have stopped working. The fuses are still in great shape and the hazard lights still work. I have done my research and have found that a recall was issued for certain VIN #'s for the turn signal relay and hazard light relay to be replaced. Although my VIN is not one of the issued numbers, I am experiencing the same problems. This is a danger when driving and I want my VIN to be investigated for the same recall. I just bought this car and was unaware of these issues. My safety and the safety of my family mean the most, and I can't afford to fix this problem myself when it wasn't caused by me in the beginning. Oldsmobile/GM should be responsible for fixing all affected vehicles and not just the ones in the recall bulletin.

- Louisville, KY, USA