Instrument Panel Cluster Failure Seal Of This Might Hurt

2001 Oldsmobile Alero accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero:

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

May 052009

Alero V6

I bought my Alero brand new in 2001.. For several years I had no problem with my car. The first instance was the security light would blink in and out, then the horn stopped blowing, then the windows would not go down... then I had to to start waiting 10 mins to reset the security light to start my car... until the system locked me completely out... and I had to pay the dealer $971.00 to disconnect it... When I went to pick my car up I notice that the dashboard was not moving... no mph, no odometer, no rpm, nothing just the check engine light was on... When I returned the car to dealer they told me the dash was out when I brought it in, and this make of car has a history of electrically problems that are costly... the tech told me to get rid of the car its not worth it and would continue to give me problems...

WOW.. after 7 years of car payments to finally own my vechicle... get rid of it is what I was told... The problem I have with that is if you as a Technician of Oldsmobile can tell me the car has a history of electrical problems, that means Oldsmobile is aware... and after reading comments on the Alero... I know I am not alone with the same problems... Oldsmobile should be held just as liable as the Toyota Owner... and recall the ALERO!

- , Bowie, MD, USA