NHTSA — Seats Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt

2001 Oldsmobile Alero accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero:

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Dec 292003

The vehicle's passenger seat slid back and forth on the track without warning. The cause has yet to be determined. Please provide any additional information.

- Manchester, GA, USA

Jul 152003

Alero 6-cyl

1) safety issue- no accident yet, but my 2001 Alero has a small rod that sticks out in front of the drivers seat for the seat to move forward and backward. The problem is when I was wearing a pair of nike shoes that have a loop on the back of the shoe got caught around this seat adjuster. Scared me to death almost when I could not re-act with my right foot to hit the brakes. Note: This happened while I was traveling with crusie control activated. I see this as an accident waiting to happen for somebody now, because it almost got me. 2)currently this vehicle is in the shop again for electrical problems. When it rains the instrument panel goes crazy. Currently they think that there may be a moisture problem around the sun roof, so they are ordering parts to totally replace the sun roof, but I dodn't think that is the problem. I have never had one drop of water drop on me with that sun roof, nor have I seen any wet spots around the roof liner. They have replaced the main computer under the hood, and clusters in the dashboard as well. But the problem is still there, so I hope this sun roof thing cures it. But I have some serious doubts it will.

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Mar 192002

Consumer states that the driver's seat recliner adjustment latch broke making it impossible to adjust seat and operate vehicle properly. Seat is stuck in straight upright position.

- Union Grove, NC, USA