NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt

2001 Oldsmobile Alero body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero:

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Jul 162016

The contact owns a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. The contact stated that the passenger side of the dashboard peeled and the air bag was visible. The contact was concerned that the air bag would deploy inadvertently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Davis, NC, USA

Sep 202003

Alero 4-cyl

Several failures of either front brakes or rear brakes requiring complete replacement. Failure happens after less than 20,000 on each set of brakes. There has been at least 3 wheel hub replacements on driver side as well as 2 wheel hub replacements on the passenger side. Both drivers window and passenger window motors have been replaced twice.... updated 04/11/13

- Bay City, MI, USA

Feb 122003

Alero 4-cyl

When I brake there is a grinding noise going on underneath the front of my car. Happens when I brake going down hill, or when I have to brake suddenly. When I brake normally, there is this shaking that is going on. I thought I needed new brake pads but that did not remedy the situation. Also, my sunvisor falls off very frequently hitting me in the head. And my driver side mirror shakes violently while im driving. And my tires loose pressure constantly and sometimes the light even comes on when my tires arent low.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

May 012001

Avis rental, returned to sarasota fl airport. While driving consumer wanted to adjust sunvisor, it fell off and hit her on the head. This caused her to veer off to side off road.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA