Cooling Fan Not Working

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

9.0

2001 Oldsmobile Alero cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero:

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Mar 152008

Alero

I have not fixed this problem yet but I will have to soon because the car is trying to overheat. I also have a problem with the gauge -it's dropping down to the c as well. I have noticed when the gauge drops down the fan comes on...not sure what's going on with it. I wish I had found this site before buying this car. Most of the things I have found wrong with the car I have seen complaints on here.

- , Gallatin, TN, USA

Sep 122007

Alero GLS 3.4L V6

Here I am again typing another complaint about this car. I hate to talk so badly about it because I have always wanted to own one. I wish I had found this site sooner like in 2006. Anyways, I have to always turn my air on to make the fun begin turning. Of course, if I don't the car will overheat and there's another problem. I just wish I could get in the car like normal people and not worrying about turning the air on immediately for the fan. Like stated in another complaint of mines I can't really tell by looking at the temperature gauge because it don't work either so I am stuck with this car until I get another one. Don't get me wrong if this car didn't have the problems......many many problems that I am having it would definitely be an okay car.

- , Batesville, MS, USA