Won't Stay Running

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

2001 Oldsmobile Alero engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero:

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

May 042009

Alero 3.2L

Had to call in to work which is something I never do cause the stupid car wont start. problem started yesterday. Wouldn't start after filling it up at the gas station. Had to have it jumped started. Drove it 3 miles put it in park and it cut off. !5 minutes later it started right up. This morning wouldn't start again, even with a jump. it would crank but not stay started. We replaced the battery yesterday thought that was the problem. It wasn't. What else can go wrong with this pos car.! Its the the Norton's law of cars. If it can go wrong with this car it will. I never had any of these problems with my other cars, this car sucks.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Nov 142007

Alero 2.4L

all i have to say is ahhhhh!!!!!! i wish i found this sight before buying my car... now im totally freaking out! okay so i wake up for work this morning get ready and head to my car. to my surprise (its been just fine for the 6 days!! that I've owned it) my car starts up just fine, but as soon as i let go of the key it shuts itself off.. now I'm sitting here over an hour late for work with no way of getting there (its pay day on Friday and i have no money for a cab and I've never used a bus!). if anyone has had this happen before or if they know the problem/solution i would really appreciate a comment back. like i said.. starts like charm,let go of the key and it stops running... ugh!! ~stranded until further notice, ape

- , Maplewood, MN, USA