NHTSA — Other Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

1.9

2001 Oldsmobile Alero miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero:

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Feb 082006

Alero 4-cyl

On Wednesday, Feb 8, 2006 three lights came on in my car at the same time. They are 'service vehicle soon, trac off, & anti-lock'. these lights have continued coming on since. I have had a computer hooked up to my car to check for any codes while the lights were on. There were no codes showing for my car. Yesterday, Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006, I was coming to a stop at a stop sign when the lights came on. I was pressing the brake in and I did not stop. I rolled a little bit and then came to a stop. This is not safe. If there were to be someone ahead of me I would have rear-ended this person or maybe even rolled right into oncoming traffic in the intersection. There are three other people that I work with who have had similar problems with their GM vehicles recently. Only one vehicle was covered under a recall. I was given an 800 number to check for recalls from one of these people. I just called and there was no recall of this sort listed for this vehicle. This is definitely a safety issue that needs to be addressed. It seems off that four people, including myself, in the same place of work have the same problems with their GM vehicle and only one was covered. This is an expensive item to be replaced and since it is a safety concern for all involved, this problem should be covered under a recall and not out of our pocket.

- Jamestown, NY, USA