NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt

2001 Oldsmobile Alero miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero:

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Aug 032016

Car cranks wont start it hasbto do with the an electrial system car theft maybe did the ten mint and at im still waiting to get the ignitionswitch and key the recall title N140350 do upset when I bought it in Nov.the two keys I got one spare and I thought the other was an oringnal one neither have the chip so the first I had problems we got it to work a few months now again twice in a week how am I suppose get it to the dealer if I cant get it to turn on this is crazy something has to be done I read do many complaints about the same situation so what do I now thank you donna

- Washington, DC, USA

Dec 022015

When driving the turn signals will work and then not work at random and this concerns me, it can create a serious and dangerous situation

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Nov 152002

The above problems are for the same thing at different times. The rotors on the car have gone out 3 times. The second time they went out I had to argue with Oldsmobile to fix them. They tried to tell me it was my driving making them go bad. I drive interstate to and from work - no hard stops, no stop-N-go traffic. Now they have gone bad again after the 2nd time they changed them - after only 6K miles. They refuse to pay for them. When we called customer care they informed us that they used a "new tool" the last time they "fixed" my rotors - which obviously didn\\'t help. I had a cavalier for 6 years and never once had to change the rotors!! this is just factory defect they they should be liable for.

- Millbrook, AL, USA

Mar 242004

Alero 4WD 6-cyl

Defective body control module and defective camshaft position sensor and defective window power switch.

- Beverly, NJ, USA

Aug 162002

This car was a lemon replacement/and doing the same thing/rotors are warping.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA