Engine Won't Turn Over, Won't Start Seal Of This Might Hurt

2. wait 10 minutes with the key in the "on" position (1 reports)
2002 Oldsmobile Alero electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero:

2002 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Jan 012011

Alero V6

I really feel as though this "safety" feature on this car is incredibly unsafe. I am a woman in my mid twenties and I commute from NYC back to CT every night. I park in a fairly unsafe area in a parking garage to catch the train. When I arrive in an empty, dark parking garage at 10:00 at night, the only thing going through my mind is, "please let my car start!" There have been multiple occasions where I am sitting in my car with the doors locked and waiting the ten minutes for it to reset. GM should really acknowledge this issue and do something about it! GM ignoring this issue and looking the other way, has made up my mind to never buy another GM product. Toyota here I come! :)

- , Bridgeport, CT, USA

Jul 292009

Alero GL 3.2L V6

So we traded in a ford focus for this piece of sh*t. We didn't quite understand or i guess get what our salesman was trying to say. my fiancee had been going through this payday car place for years with no problems. we have only had the Alero since Saturday mind ya. so i go to the store for work, come out use the keyless entry to unlock the doors and put my son in the car. get in to go and the son of a bitch wouldn't turn over it would not do anything. we tried to jump it, look at the fuses, check the alternator, and checked the starter, NOTHING. what the f*ck can the damn problem be. this sh*t really pisses me off.

- , Emporia, KS, USA