2002 Oldsmobile Alero fuel system problems: fuel pump failure

Fuel Pump Failure

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

2. replace fuel pump (2 reports)
2002 Oldsmobile Alero fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero:

2002 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Oct 162014

Well let me first say that this car is a worthless hunk of junk! I HATE this car!

So a few months ago I drove my car for a few miles and I was at a stop light and I went to give it gas and my car shuck and stalled out right in the middle of the road. Thankfully there were really nice people that helped me push it to the side. But I had it towed and come to fined out it was the fuel pump. Tt was $500 and that was not including labor. Ever since I've had the fuel pump replaced, I've had nothing but trouble with this worthless piece of sh*@ car!!! STAY CLEAR OF THIS CAR!

- , Shelby Twp, MI, USA

Nov 242010

Alero GL V4

When fueling the sensor didn't work and end up spilling gas and costs me more for gas.

- , Lawton, OK, USA

Nov 042010

I went out to my car so that I could go to the market. Car would not start.. I had a friend come over he said that it sounded like the fuel pump.. I don't have any money for a fuel pump so I googled to see how much one would cost. I looked at this site and everyone else's problem sounded like mine so I did what everyone else did. Turn the key to on for 20 minutes then turned it off for 20 seconds. It then started up. If this is such a big problem then yes GM needs to do a recall... Thanks everyone else because I don't have any money for car problems right now...

- , Killeen, TX, USA

Feb 082010

Alero GL 2.2L

car won't start died out while driving. Did the security check thing still won't start.

Checked the fuel pump it's on while i switch it on but that's it.

Checked the fuses all are good.

Tried to take the fuel filter off very difficult to get to and to release.

Trac lite service lite all comes on when I hit a bump but goes out later on.

- , Conyers, GA, USA

Feb 102010

Alero 2.6L

first acted up when we came out of super market would turn over but not start. checked fuses but all seemed to be fine. seemed like a fuel pump problem couldn.t hear the pump either. after about an hour it started right up. worked fine for a couple of days yesterday sat.the 13th of feb. went to start the alero same thing turn over but won't start.found this web site and have tried the differenf things mentioned but will still not start am going to have towed to a garage but not to confiderent to a remedy

- , Belgrade, ME, USA

May 052009

Alero 6

Garage originally said $700-$800. They took the car in and did a repair in about an hour. Charged $450. How come??? Well, there is a replacement pump (aftermarket) that can be spliced into the fuel line. You leave the failed pump in place in the tank. Cut the power line to the tank pump (don't cut the gas gauge line) and wire it to the line pump. Problem solved. P.S. The dealer won't do this. An independent garage will if you ask them too. You can do it at home if you have a way to lift the car and the cars wiring diagram to show the correct wires to use. The in-line pump costs $72.00.

- , Woodbury, CT, USA