NHTSA — Fuel System, Other: Delivery: Fuel Pump Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt

2002 Oldsmobile Alero fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero:

2002 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

May 162007

Alero 4-cyl

The car shuts off while driving. It is horrible, steering wheel locks, and I practically have to brake my arms and back trying to turn it to get out of traffic. When it shuts off it makes and awful bussing noise and all display lights are lit up. I believe it maybe weather related because it mostly happens when it is hot outside. When I go to restart my car I have to turn the key to the on position, and make sure the service engine light turns on before I can start the car. Otherwise, it will turn over, but won't fire up. When the light does come on I can hear something switching on towards the back of the car. Since I don't know much about cars I am assuming that it is the fuel pump. If anyone else has these same problems, and has an idea of a way to fix this, please let me know so the car doesn't kill me.

- Woodland, CA, USA