Alternator Continues To Fail

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

2003 Oldsmobile Alero electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Oldsmobile Alero:

2003 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Jul 132010

Alero 3.4L V6

I bought my 2003 alero a year ago used at an accreddited dealership, and ever since then problems have never stopped occurring. First was the starter, egnition switch, fuel pump, and now this. My battery light came on for a few seconds and went away, time and time again, until one day it came on and never went away. then all my gauges shut down, lights, radio, and power steering. it died shortly after, and jumping would only run it for a short period.

i brought it into a shop, told me my battery was dead (thanks buddy, knew that one) and that my alternator was junk. we bought a new one, didn't work. bought another one, didn't work. went through 2 more alternators until we decided to go with an 04 alternator. (that one actually fit my engine, all the others didn't) still, no luck. did some research and asked around, come to find out that its an electrical problem that took out my alternator. a wire going from my alternator to my computer chip was fried, thus killing my alternator.

don't know how much its going to be to fix, or how in the hell we're going to find that wire, but all i know is i will NEVER go oldsmobile again.

- , Little Chute, WI, USA