Horn Honks When Car Is Off

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

8.0

2004 Oldsmobile Alero accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Oldsmobile Alero:

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Sep 102007

Alero GL 2.4L I4

I own a 2004 Alero, and for the most part its been a pretty decent car for me. but the first winter that i had it i became really acquainted with going outside in the middle of the night, normally in the winter because the horn was blaring. but when i get out to the car, and i push on the horn, it stops, as long as I'm holding the horn down. as soon as i let it go, the horn starts blaring again. well now almost 2 years later, it has continued doing it. the dealer tells me its the horn contacts... well mainly to alleviate the problem until i can get into the dealer without a warranty i have pulled the main fuse under the hood just to shut the damn thing up so i can sleep through the night. Now i can either drive around without a horn, which i am not too fond of because of the amount of people in Omaha NE that don't like to pay attention to where they are going, or i can put the fuse back every single morning, and when its -20 degrees out with blowing snow and a wind chill that will freeze any wet hair on your body almost instantly, it doesn't sound that appealing to me. so maybe someone here can lead me in the right direction on what may be the problem, or I'm going to end up pulling the steering wheel apart myself and grind down the damn horn contacts.

- , Omaha, NE, USA