Won't Stay Running

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

8.0

2004 Oldsmobile Alero engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Oldsmobile Alero:

2004 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Apr 042014

Alero 2.2L

I have a 2004 Oldsmobile Alero 2.2L 4 cylinder automatic. I noticed as I was pulling in my driveway that the radio shut-off for 10 seconds then turned back on. Didn't think it was all that big of a deal. But I go to get in my car and take off about 3 hours later and it rolled over, but only ran for 5 seconds.. it did this over and over again. I would turn the key to -ON- so the fuel pump kicked in a couple times to get it started again. but it still only ran for 5 seconds each time.

I wiggled the radio a few times and it started up fine and ran until I turned it off.....BUT.... the gauge cluster would not work. all the lights worked except the lights on the shifter PRNDL1L2L3.

I know with these cars GM made a DUMB decision and put a computer in the radio that runs a bunch of things i.e: blinkers. But my blinkers worked..

So....anyone know whats going on

- , Belleville, Ontario, Canada

Sep 182011

Alero GL 3.4L V6

2004 Alero won't stay started starts then dies Has 78000 miles on it will start up then die.

- , Pleasant Hill, IL, USA