NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Control Unit/Module Problems

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora:

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Owner Comments

Nov 162007

Aurora 8-cyl

I have owned 3 Oldsmobile Aurora's. 1-1999 model 2-2001 models I noticed with all three cars, there has been a problem with the rear passenger windows not properly operating. The window just falls down on it's own and won't roll back up. I have to wedge something in the window in order to keep it up and that does not always work. I found this to be a problem with all three Aurora's. I know other people who has the same years and had the same problems with this vehicle. Also, on this 2001 Aurora I have now, having problems with the anti-brake and traction control system. I noticed a couple months ago, that I had to come to a sudden break in snowy weather conditions, my brakes did not work properly and my anti-lock brake and traction light came on and has been on ever since. The stability service light comes on the information system everytime the car is started.

- Springfield, OH, USA