Service Stability Warning

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora:

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Owner Comments

Nov 172012

Nothing but problems! I bought a used 2002 Aurora, one previous owner, in November of 2012. Records showed the car was always well maintained. I had to have it inspected to get it registered. I had to first have rear brakes and shocks replaced. Total cost was $500. Afterward I had a service stability warning message and low tire pressure message. I took the car back to the mechanic and he worked on it some more. He said the climate changed so the pressure changed in the tires. Told me the service stability warning was because my gas cap did not have a vacuum seal so I should not worry. Just a nuisance. Less than 2 months later the brake pedal goes to the floor with out any warning at all! I then had to have the brake line under the driver side replaced because it had a hole and leaked out. Now, 2 more months later, I have this new clicking sound some where in a wheel or somewhere every time I go to stop and when I begin to accelerate. This car always feels like it is all over the road, it takes great effort to keep it straight while driving. Still getting the service stability warning, the low tire pressure and now the engine symbol light comes on and stays on. I have had all of this checked again and again. Still not right. Taking it back again to find out why this is an ongoing problem. Not even sure if it is safe. How can I even sell it with any good conscience?

- , Spencerport, NY, USA