NHTSA — Electrical System: Instrument Panel Problems

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada:

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada Owner Comments

Nov 192007

Bravada 6-cyl

Last month my Oldsmobile Bravada's gauges and instrument warning lights starting operating erratically and at times did not work at all (I.e. the gauges read zero). Searching the recalls for my Bravada I found 3013. 3013 concerns inoperative instrument panel clusters. The failure impacted my Bravada's ability to meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards no. 101 and no. 208. Background. I bought my Bravada...used in January 2005 from everett Chevrolet in everett, wa. It had 25671 miles. Current mileage is 62600. Prior to my purchase, my Bravada had several recalls performed when the vehicle came off September 2004. Recall 3013 (instrument panel gauges inoperative) was performed on September 22, 25,184 miles. I made appointment and took my vehicle in for service on 20 November 2007. The dealer we used was: Freysinger Pontiac, GMC, Buick 6251 carlisle pike mechanicsburg, pa 17050 717-766-8422 the dealer stated that since 3013 was already performed on my vehicle that the next step was replacement of the instrument my cost. Repair was completed on 21 November 2007. Doug newell

- Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

May 252006

Bravada 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada. Five days after purchasing the vehicle, the contact experienced failures with the instrument panel gauges. He stated that the fuel gauge did not properly display the amount of fuel in the tank, causing the vehicle to frequently run out of gas. The speedometer and odometer were also failing, which made it impossible to determine the vehicle's speed and mileage. He took his vehicle to the dealer and they informed him that the recall on his vehicle expired. The manufacturer stated that the recall would not cover his vehicle because the warranty expired when the mileage exceeded 100,000 miles. The speed and mileages could not be determined due to the gauge failures.

- Rockgle, ME, USA