Front Half Shafts Throwing Grease Everywhere

1. replaced halfshafts (1 reports)
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada:

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada Owner Comments

Apr 012008

Bravada AWD 4.2L

well here I am again with this stupid oldsmobile. Right after I spent 1800 on getting the front diff replaced. I am inspecting the shops work and notice the halfshafts are leaking. Took it back, and they wouldn't take responsibility for it. understandable since all you have to do is pull them out and drop it. The boots were not torn, not even sure where they were leaking from. So anyways a year later, I finally decide they have been leaking long enough to have them finally replaced. Originally the shop wanted to replace the boot, but told him it would almost be cheaper and quicker to just replace the whole halfshaft. In which they did agree with me. The parts cost a little more per side, but saved a bunch on labor. I really need to start fixing this piece of crap myself. If you're reading this post, a month later I took this F%$%ing piece of crap in again for more engine work due to cylinder #1 stopped firing due to a bad coil pack!

- , Lincoln, NE, USA