NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada:

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada Owner Comments

Nov 202015

The contact owns a 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph the vehicle crashed into a second vehicle causing significant damage to the front end. During the crash, the airbags did not deploy. The driver suffered an injured right knee and the front passenger suffered a head and neck injury. Both required medical attention. A police report was taken at the scene. The vehicle was towed but the cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 127,000. Updated 03/16/16

- North Hampton, OH, USA

Dec 212014

When I turned the key to start the car, my air bags deployed. I reported this to GM. GM refused to send anyone down to inspect the Bravada to see what made the air bags deployed. GM stated it would cost too much money to find out. I want to prevent anyone from getting killed. I or my passenger or both would have been killed if this had happened while I had been driving. This needs to be investigated.

- Talladega, AL, USA

Dec 212014

Bravada 6-cyl

When I turned the key to start the Bravada, both air bags deployed at the same time. Driver air bag struck me on the right side of my face causing burning sensation and redness.

- Talladega, AL, USA