Car Idles Fast And Hard

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera:

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Owner Comments

Jan 272003

Cutlass Ciera

While braking to exit express way this morning, it was very difficult to finally get the car to stop. It seemed as if the cruise control was on but it was not. My foot was off the accelerator and on the brakes, but it just kept accelerating faster and faster. When I finally got it stopped and put the car in park, the idle was fast and hard. I looked under the hood and saw what appeared to be antifreeze leaking. The problem seemed like it overheated. It smelled like something was burning or rubbing together. This experience really freaked me out. I hope that you can help me solve this mystery.

- , Chicago, IL, USA