7.0

1998 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight:

1998 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight Owner Comments

Apr 042006

Eighty Eight

My mechanic told me my engine has seized! After some google searches I realized that this seems this was a result of a HUGE defect in the composite material of the upper intake manifold. Wish I had known that before I sunk $3,000 into purchasing car three months ago.

- , Bellefonte, PA, USA

Jul 212004

Eighty Eight LS

I have a 1998 Olds eighty eight and recently noticed an external leak from the rear corners of the lower intake.... I know this is a common problem with GM and I want to sell this car rather than pay for an expensive lower intake. The leak is not real bad.

What I was wondering is if I add bars leak to the radiator how long will this last. I have heard good and bad things about bars leak..... the bad things I have heard is that it clogs up your radiator, heater core and water pump.... but on the bottle it says factory installed and they have been selling this stuff since 1947.... is it really that bad??

- , Lincoln Park, MI, USA