1. replace engine (1 reports)
1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight:

1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight Owner Comments

Aug 292008

Eighty Eight LS 3800

My 1999 oldsmobile has a blown motor. This was a $22,000 dollar car dead at under 80,000 miles. In June, I took it to the dealer for a check engine light. spent $1100 on serpentine belt, oil change, fuel sending pump. ck engine was #1 misfire, I was told it needed new plugs and wires, I declined that repair to do myself. 30 miles later the upper and lower intake went and the car had to be towed to the dealer that was $1200 dollars. They did the plugs and another oil change, I did wires and power pack 1 & 4. In July, back to the dealer for wheel bearings $350. On the Holiday weekend August 30, on the turnpike, the check engine light came on, the engine got instantly hot ( did not redline ) and the car stalled and would not stay running. (this all happened in less than 5 minutes). Towed back 120 miles to the dealer less than 2500 miles since the first time the ck engine light came on and I need a new motor $3100. I called GM, they told me; 1. I don't know how to drive 2. My car has been sitting for long periods of time 3. It was time for me to take responsibility for my car 4. My car is too old What??? Thanks GM customer service, I guess with so many complaints its best to blame your customer. Beware! GM does not expect their cars to last 10 years. My car had the transmission rebuilt at 20,000 miles. So a motor and transmission before 80,000 miles. SAD very sad!! I will NEVER buy a GM anything again!!!

- , Boardman, OH, USA