Squeaking Noise From Ac / Heater

3.6

2. replace motor blower/resistor (1 reports)
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue:

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Owner Comments

Jul 302015

Intrigue GX V6 3.8L

click to see larger images

squeaking noise from AC / heater squeaking noise from AC / heater squeaking noise from AC / heater squeaking noise from AC / heater

This a fairly simple fix, and I am a 40 year old female. Ordered the parts online for $50 and change. The motor blower and resistor are located right under the glove box. The resistor is plugged into the motor blower.

- , Moncks Corner, SC, US

Jul 012008

Intrigue

I have the same problem as the others.

Squeaky noises coming only when my fan/ac/heat is turned on.

In fact my fan doesn't work unless it is on High!

- , la Mesa, CA, USA

May 012008

Intrigue 3.5L

So there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it... hot or cold, night or day, driving or standing still... As long as the A/C or heater is on this horrific squealing noise starts. I've had several people look at it. Not that violence solves anything, but sometimes hitting the dash works quite nicely. Usually I just turn the fan off and deal with the temperature or I let it go and sometimes it will stop... only to chirp occasionally.

- , Salisbury, MD, USA

Sep 162007

Intrigue GL 3.5L V6

In the coldest weather the screech isn't as frequent. As soon as the temperature hits the 40 degree ballpark, the noise from somewhere in the dash starts as soon as the fan is turned on (doesn't matter if it's heat or a/c). It's so irritating that if I don't have my children with me, I'll usually turn it off and just put up with the uncomfortable temp.

- , New Carlisle, OH, USA

Feb 102007

Intrigue LX 3.2L V6

Every time I would turn the heater on, from behind the glove box would come a really annoying, high pitched squeak. It'd only go away if you'd leave it running awhile or sat there and turned on and off the heater.

- , Kenosha, WI, USA