Rough Shifting Through Gears

8.0

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette:

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Owner Comments

Aug 292007

Silhouette

This vehicle had a poor transmission as soon as I purchased it at approximately 82,000 miles. It seemed to keep missing in between change of gears.

- , Niagara Falls, NY, USA

Nov 072007

Silhouette Premiere V6

My 2001 Olds minivan's transmission is going out. What is so ironic is this is the very same vehicle as a Chevy Venture. My '97 (first year model) Venture's transmission went out at approx. 85,000 miles. I think these vans need to be checked into. Are they not putting a heavy enough transmission in these vans? They are heavy vehicles. I know this will be the last one I purchase, I think I will go Toyota or Nissan from now on!

- , Nashville, TN, USA