Transmission Failure

1. repair/replace casing, new transmission (1 reports)
2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager:

2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager Owner Comments

Mar 082007

Grand Voyager 3.3L V6

I was traveling down the freeway at about 75 mph when I felt what can only be explained as a large KACHUNK. The first split second I thought I hit an ice chunk in the road. Then my van sputtered a little bit and I took the next exit. Before I could get to the traffic light, my car was not running. After having a mechanic look at it I was told that my transmission was gone. I began the search for a good transmission mechanic to repair my vehicle and in my search, I was told by numerous mechanics that this is common in Chrysler products. One guy said he repaired 5 in the past 2 weeks. Once my car was in and inspected they found that the differential pin had gone through the casing and caused a softball sized hole in the casing. This will cost $1,800 to repair. The mechanic I went with said that if Chrysler were to put a recall on this problem, it could put them in bankruptcy with all the transmissions they would have to replace. I contacted Chrysler and was told that there is no recall, they won't help and that this is the first time they have heard of this problem. I told them that I will be the one to start the recall if I have too and kindly ended the call. IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU, PLEASE CONTACT ME. I feel that the only reason they do not know about it is because of their poor customer service, it is causing people to not want to deal with them. I will be contacting Chrysler dealerships in my area to see if I can find the number of times they have had this problem, as well as numbers from independent garages.

- , Wyoming, MI, USA