NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition: Module Problems

1998 Plymouth Neon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Plymouth Neon:

1998 Plymouth Neon Owner Comments

Mar 122001

Junk!!! the computer system has now failed on my car. I have already had 2 major transmission repairs on this vechile. An oil leak which caused replacement of the head gaskets due to the fact they were faulty according to the dealership. The power train control module went out. This car has been nothing but problems and I would not recommed anyone to purchase a Neon. I reported the computer failure to Chrysler and they "noted" it in a file. I feel as if they should be held responsible for this. Computer systems on a car are not meant to just quit at 75,000 miles. This repair is going to cost me over $1000 to fix and I don't feel as if I should have to pay for this. Apparently this is a defect of some sort and this problem should be addressed. My car is still driveable on days--but when I make a right hand turn and my car cuts off I'm not only endangering myself but others behind me. I feel this is a major problem and could seriously injure people. I feel Chrysler should have taken more time with me and heard my problem and help me resolve this issue immediately because someone, real soon, will be hurt driving this death trap of a car that I have purchased. Oh, by the way, this is my only means of transportation, so, I have to drive it, faulty & failing computer system and all.

- Easley, SC, USA

Apr 011998

Vehicle stalls when cold and after sitting idle for hours.

- Wheeling, WV, USA