NHTSA — Equipment: Electrical: Air Conditioner Problems

2001 Plymouth Neon AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Plymouth Neon:

2001 Plymouth Neon Owner Comments

Dec 112003

Neon 4-cyl

My air conditioning quit working at 36,001 miles. That's one mile over the warranty. I doubt it would have been covered anyways. The compressor does not kick on so I think its probably the compressor. I live in tucson its 110 on average during the day so the car reaches a lovely 160, great for loosing weight. Since the air conditioning went out the car no longer stalls at intersections. This car doesn't have has many problems as I thought it would. I bought it so I could build credit and they financed me at 20% interest. I feel as though I"ve been seriously violated. The whole experience has really humbled me. I refinanced and used the remainder of the money I've been saving to cover any repairs that will cost 5X more than the car is worth. Also this site didn't provide the air conditioning option so I could list this problem in the proper place.

- Tucson, AZ, USA