Stalls When Applying Brakes

2001 Plymouth Neon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Plymouth Neon:

2001 Plymouth Neon Owner Comments

Mar 182003

Neon LX

Ever since I got a new stereo stystem installed into my car, whenever I apply pressure to the brakes the radio and heater shuts off then comes back on after I let go of the brakes.. That was the problem in the beginning and NOW the car completely shuts off by itself while im driving it, and I have to press the brakes and move the transmission back and forth until the car starts back up again, I dont know it takes about 15 minutes. Its really scary because i could get killed in this situation, Im afraid to drive my car.

- , Yakima, WA, USA