NHTSA — Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood Problems

1998 Plymouth Voyager electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Plymouth Voyager:

1998 Plymouth Voyager Owner Comments

May 252003

When turning vehicle off it continued to run and then caught on fire. Dealer notified.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jan 012001

Auto is on cruse 67 mph, I feel a "slight studder or quick hesitations" I speed to 72 mph seems O.K, auto returns to cruse speed all is O.K., 5-10 seconds later I lose power, warning lights on dashboard are not lite, I pull off on shoulder and stop at which time I see "white" smoke at left front, I pull the hood release and it don't release the hood, then smell smoke and it's lite gray, I get out to get help" I do have approx 5 min time or more before I see flames appear between the hood and wheelwell.I est 10 min before the air bags" explode at which time the fire dept from sav ga and pooler ga arrive a 6-8 mile drive from fire station.

- Marinette, WI, USA