Brakes Wear Out Prematurely

6.0

1. brake replacement (1 reports)
2001 Pontiac Aztek brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Aztek:

2001 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

May 152003

Aztek

After 1 year of driving NEW vehical and ironically during routine NYS inspection, I was told the rear breaks were worn and need to be replanced. The roters were ok though. I couldn't believe this after 1 year! They dealership would not pass the vehicle for inspection until brakes (and get this 2 tires) were replaced. I contacted Pontiac Cust service and was told the same story the dealership had given. "The brakes are no longer made of the harder aspestos material and wear faster". My beef? Am I going to have to count on new brakes every year? Regarding the tires- they were supposedly worn due to my failure to have them rotated 6 months prior.

- , Buffalo, NY, USA