Airbags Failed To Deploy

2001 Pontiac Aztek seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Aztek:

2001 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Oct 152013

Aztek GT 3.4L

I bought my 2001 Pontiac Aztek in 2003 as a used car with 36,000 miles on it. I had it for 6 years up until I gave it to one of my nieces who had just gotten her license. Well, she was driving after she had it for about 4 years until she was driving through a stop sign when a Ford Escape rammed into the side-front of the car. (Basically where the engine is, and hit the airbag thingy-mc jiggers, (I forgot what its called) anyway, it hit it but the airbag failed to deploy. The car was a total loss but luckily no one was injured. The car was un-recognizable on the front-side. The turn signal came out of the socked and the gap was dented in so much it didn't look like there was ever a hole for a turn signal there. The fender also was so bent out it looked like one of those weird funky chairs with a giant hole in it.

I absolutely LOVED this car! It was my absolute favorite. I had to get a bigger SUV for my family, and we needed a 3rd row, so we went with a 2009 Chevy Traverse LT. I would have kept it if I didn't need anything bigger. But since it was total loss I couldn't repair it.

- , Potterville, MI, USA