Transmission Failure

2001 Pontiac Aztek

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Pontiac dealer.

6.0

$1,900.00

1. had to get rebuilt transmission (2 reports)
  2. replaced multiple transmission parts (1 reports)
2001 Pontiac Aztek transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Aztek:

2001 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Jul 262009

Aztek GT

We were told when we bought this piece of crap that the whinning noice was the alternator and the burning coolant smell was normal. I was certain that they wouldnt lie to me. We still owe $4800 on the truck and now we have to put $2400 in to it. AHHHHH! The tranny is shot, the coolant pump blew and the fly wheel is broke. I HATE PONTIAC! I HATE UPSTATE AUTO CREDIT for selling this junker. Do not buy a vehicle from them. They lied and now I'm suck with the bill and NO Warrenty! They look like a cool truck, but they are junk.

- , Rochester, NY, USA

May 102004

Aztek

Transmission died. Had to get rebuilt transmission. Not covered under warranty due to miles. Sucked. It still jolts when you go from reverse to drive, but the transmission place "couldn't find any problem with it".

- , Algonquin, IL, USA

May 152003

Aztek

While driving the vehicle died middle of rush hour. It would not move regardless of gear. Pontiac dealer ship towed me, set me up with rental and virtually replaced almost every transmission part. Took 6 weeks

- , Buffalo, NY, USA