NHTSA — Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate Problems

2002 Pontiac Aztek body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Aztek:

2002 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Jul 012008

I have a 2002 Pontiac Aztek and there's a ticking noise in the motor and the oil is good and all the other fluids are good. My A/C stop working and the back hatch doesn't unlock sometimes and to fix the problem I have to disconnect the battery for about 15mins or longer for it to work, can you tell me what could be the problem and how to fix it.

- Summerville , SC, USA

Jul 242008

It began with my rear hatch not working on my 2002 Pontiac Aztek. Then the ignition began sticking and culminated with the alarm going off (while driving) and all electrical systems shutting down with increasing frequency. When this occurs, all gauges are shut down, the doors are disabled, headlights (all lights) are disabled. I've looked online and talked to the dealership. It will cost between $400-$500 to repair (GM is aware of the problem). The dealer says that it is not a safety issue, but it seems like non-functioning lights, gauges and doors/windows would certainly be a safety issue. I do like to car, but this is a major problem -- one which I can ill afford to fix right now. We are just struggling to keep a roof over our heads!

- Lapeer, MI, USA