Anti-Theft System Locked Car Up

8.4

2. replace body control module (1 reports)
  3. replace theft deterent module (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Aztek electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Aztek:

2002 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Jul 132010

Aztek V6

Very big issue. I live in Florida where a auto sitting in the sun gets up over 125% I got locked in my car just after starting it. It was already hot sitting the sun all day. The ac went cool to HOT the windows were on lock down the doors could not open, but the car was running. Why does my car think Im stealing it, will if hut off in mid drive lock soen engine ane crash me too? If you get licked in a car here in Florida you can die it happens to babies all the time. HELP

- , Bradenton, FL, USA

Jan 222008

Aztek 3.4L V6

The truck would not turn over. Towed Aztec to mechanic.

Replace ignition switch assembly, replace theft deterrent module, Replace keys.

What choice did I have? I need a vehicle to get back and forth to work. This car is an everyday driver. To and from work. Lately it seems I am working to fix GM's mistakes.

- , Joliet, IL, USA

Oct 162006

Aztek 3.4L V6

The security and service engine soon and the red LED on the radio came on solid. The radio says locked and none of the windows work. The automatic headlamps will work manually but not automatically.

PROGRAM/CALIBRATE bcm/at

CHANGE IGNITION SWITCH ASSEMBLY

Replace body control module.

We tried to reprogram the BCM before replacing it with the new one. It erased itself within 5 minutes.

- , Joliet, IL, USA

May 272011

Aztek V6 2.4L

So, the security light came on (which of course means that the remote wouldn't lock or unlock the doors- we had to manually unlock; the headlights wouldn't come on, and the radio locked. It still started and drove, and the windows still worked.

After numerous tries, I got the security light to go off -- replaced fuses, and did the passkey ignition "mantra". Then, the car wouldn't start. Replaced the battery, but guess what, it's not the battery, the starter, the the fuel pump. Oh, yeah, I forgot to do the passkey ignition thing, so now I'm stuck with a truck that won't start and that means I can't drive it to the shop. Searching for another "reset" trick.

- , Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jun 222010

Aztek V6

It was an extremely hot day - I just bought sod and the hatch wouldn't open to get it in. Worker placed it inside via side door. Driving home, A/C didn't work (at least 100 degrees in car with child in back seat) and when we got home I had to take sod out without hatch opening. Then driver's door locked while I was IN IT, in 105 degree OUTSIDE heat! Very scary situation! Off warranty.

Why does my own car think I'm trying to steal it???? Not trustworthy transportation. Should be recalled due to danger.

- , Ponte Vedra, FL, USA