NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition Problems

2003 Pontiac Aztek electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Aztek:

2003 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Jul 152011

Aztek 6-cyl

2003 Pontiac Aztek has been building from ABS and brake lights and chimes to fuel gage losses all intermittent. Vehicle locks up and won't start or has started starting on its own in the garage. It is reminding me of being a kid in the 60S and playing pinball with all the lights and "specials" lighting up! reading from online stuff I am in a group of many owners having problems that are the same. One common theme is the body control module! is GM hiding their heads in the sand over this problem. I am going to be replacing my module as I don't want my car gasing us to death at night in my garage. Lucky my door to the garage was open today! I am totally disappointed that GM has not and the government has not made them set up and take care of these problems. No fire yet no damage yet no crash yet! and they are lucky if this hasn't hurt someone yet.

- Nd, ND, USA