NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

0.8

2005 Pontiac Aztek lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Pontiac Aztek:

2005 Pontiac Aztek Owner Comments

Apr 112013

Aztek

I was leaving school and I started to smell gas, so I stopped and checked to see if there was any leaking and there wasn't. a week had went by and I didn't smell the gas anymore but my radio and dash lights had quit working. So I had the fuses changed and the speedometer started working again but not the radio. Several months later my temp gauge started shooting all the way up to hot right after it was cranked. So I had it checked and my vehicle wasn't running hot. The one night I was driving home from town and my car shut off and a temp light was blinking. I popped the hood and my hoses from the radiator to the motor had busted from all the pressure built up. The next day I brought my car to a shop and had a new motor put in. And low and be-hold my transmission starts shifting really hard when I go to start off. I had it looked at but they couldn't find anything with it. But since ive been keeping the transmission fluid checked weekly it hasn't been doing it as much. But it still scares the crap out of me.

- Grant, LA, USA