Turns Over Several Times Before Starting

1995 Pontiac Bonneville fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Pontiac Bonneville:

1995 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Apr 052005

Everytime I start my car in the morning it turns over several times before starting. Usually it starts back up without turning over too many times, if I turn it off for a short time. Although, sometimes it does turn over a few times before starting, after just turning it off. My mechanic thought it was the fuel pump, so we replaced it. Problem still existed. We thought it was a defective fuel pump. Replaced the fuel pump three times and the problem still exists. My mechanic heard that the oil sensor could possibly cause the hard starting so we replaced it. Also replaced the fuel pump relay. Tried putting the car on a fuel pressure guage overnight and it only lost 10 lbs of pressure. Used a smoke machine to put smoke in the fuel lines to look for leaks and found none. We are at a loss with this problem. I am worried that it will just not start one day. If I turn the key to the on position for about 20 to 30 seconds, before starting it in the morning it will usually start right up. Any suggestions?

- , Delray Beach, FL, USA