Faulty Oil Pressure Gauge

5.0

1996 Pontiac Bonneville engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Pontiac Bonneville:

1996 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Feb 252005

Bonneville SE 3800

Oil pressure light comes on when car is started regardless of outside temperature. After a few minutes it goes out. never taken to repair shop.

- , Bridgeport, CT, USA

Dec 022008

Bonneville SE 3.8L V6

About 3 months ago my oil pressure needle dropped below 40 on my gauge & fell down into the red & my check engine light came on. We put in thicker oil, but it is now doing it again and barely stays above the 40 on the gauge, even falling while I am driving down the road & really dips when I stop at a stop light or stop sign.

My mechanic put in a new oil sending unit, but having the same problem again. Not sure if there is a fix??

- , Kalona, IA, USA