Engine Shutting Down

1999 Pontiac Bonneville engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Pontiac Bonneville:

1999 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Oct 012010

I bought the car for my daughter. I wanted a nice reliable car, not sure what I got. The car has stopped on the freeway several times. I have not been with my daughter any of the times. She or her boyfriend will pull over and the car starts right up.Now the check engine light is on. I will take it to my mechanic hopefully it wont cost a ton of money. I have no idea what the problem could be. It could be electrical, How could someone sell another human being something when you know it could cause harm to an innocent person. If you have an older Pontiac that had the same problem please give advice.

- , Reno, NV, USA

Aug 302008

Bonneville Unknown 3.8L V6

My car is very crazy and i buy car like 3 months ago!!! The RPM went crazy and vibrate then engine stopped, wont start and i stop the car on the highway and call my parent to pick me to work. Then we fix it and it stopped again like 10 times! We do not know what happen to engine...engine stopped because of unknown! I think maybe motor broke or computer system broke or not. I don't trust car when i drive to New York from Indiana because engine will stopped when i drive on the toll road.

- , Etna Green, IN, USA