Intermittent Ignition Failure Seal Of This Might Hurt

1. replace ignition switch (1 reports)
2000 Pontiac Bonneville accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Bonneville:

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

May 022008

Bonneville SE 3.8L

Intermittent ignition switch failure. 1 time in 10 car would start immediately, most times dash lights would go blank with not even a suggestion of a crank. Symptoms suggested a weak battery or bad starter. Paid $130. for replacement battery figuring that was issue, poor judgment on my part. Brought to dealer figuring I was in for a new starter instead layed out $342. for new ignition switch. $89. part, $222 labor+tax. Added aggravation: had to wait a day for special order battery that I didn't need. On the 2k Bonneville it's under the back seat and has vent connections to the undercarriage. To add insult to injury the wrong battery was delivered unbeknownst to me so when I got it home I had to compensate for the vents on the wrong side it by inventing a vacuum tube bypass. All in all almost $500. Spoiled my weekend. VISA loves me.

- , Wanaque, NJ, USA