Gas Gauge Does Not Work Seal Of This Might Hurt

2. replace fuel pump in gas tank or tolerate inaccurate reading (1 reports)
2000 Pontiac Bonneville fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Pontiac Bonneville:

2000 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Jul 012007

Bonneville SE 3.8L V6

Gas guage is not accurate...have to watch trip odometer and fill up by 350 miles to insure fuel availability. Another first (owned 15+ cars) and of course not a recall...just another expensive fix at $550. So long GM, losing sales is no a Honda and drive worry free for 200,000+ miles.

- , Ellisville, MO, USA

Oct 172006

Bonneville LS 3.2L

My son borrowed my car and the gas gauge was on full when I got it back. I thought, oh that was nice. Then I ran out of gas a couple of days later. The gas gauge always says full, so when I fill up, I always have to set my trip meter, and can only go so many miles on a tank before I have to fill up. But it is always a guessing game. Not real happy with this problem.

- , Coloma, MI, USA