Water Leaking Into Vehicle Interior Seal Of This Might Hurt

2. repaired leaky trunk seal, see forum (2 reports)
  3. remove inner panel in floor and reattach hose (1 reports)
2001 Pontiac Bonneville body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Bonneville:

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Aug 102011

Bonneville SLE 3.8L V6

Seen water dripping from the underside of the car where the spare tire sits... opened the trunk... carpet wet.. removed spare tire... a puddle of water resting in the bottom of the spare holding place.. i will check the trunks rubber seal.. maybe the spoiler leaking thru after heavy rains...only happens after a severe storm.. next day it decides to start pissing out on a beautiful day.. i am new to this site.. but will read and post problems concerning all 4 vehicles i work on.. keep up the posts people.. it does help... and good luck.

- , Cranberry Twp, PA, USA

Jan 062005

I had a leak in my floor every time it rained. took it to the pontiac dealer but they found nothing saying i must have left my window down.I ended up removing the panel in the drivers side floor there is a small hole if you reach your little hand in you will feel a drain tube that dumps out behind the plastic fender well.(you will have to remove the tire ) i pulled the tube just enough to reattach it . while i had it out i put a small amount of adhesive on it so it would not come loose in my lifetime . no more water leak ,just a lot of vacuuming of water and i put a dehumidifier on my car.

- , Leland, NC, USA

Dec 232009

Bonneville Ssei V6 Supercharger

Every time it rains my truck and rear floorboard gets wet. It is to the point that my car smells like mold no matter what I do. I take all mats out of the trunk and back seats but it still stinks of mold. I took it to a body shop and they charged over one hundred dollars and still did not fix the leaks. They did not know where the water was getting into the car.

- , Daleville, AL, USA

Nov 012007

Bonneville SE 3.8L V6

I have the same leaks as mentioned below. I have pulled the carpet, and sprayed the door with a hose, water just pours in at the bottom of the door. I had all the weather stripping around the door frame, and the door, still it made no difference. I ended up putting clear silicone along the edge of the plastic kick cover, this way the water has to build up enough to go over, rather than under the plastic. When it is raining out and I open my door, the black weather stripping has water pooled up on it. The dealership quoted me over a thousand dollars to figure out the problem. So all I can say is get used to it, it can't be fixed, or so it seems. If you have the broken window motors, and grinding steering problem, and fog lights that don't work, so do I and pretty much everyone else. Thanks Pontiac for putting out such a great car, and charging us all an obscene amount of money to fix faulty engineering. If there aren't that enough complaints to warrant recalls, than it shouldn't cost you much to fix these built in problems.

- , Chico, CA, USA

Jan 222007

Bonneville SLE V6

Water standing in trunk and under rear seat. I carried the car twice to a friend who runs a body shop, he messed with the trunk seal. I currently have no leak in the trunk, but still have water under rear seat.

- , Sf, TN, USA

Sep 182006

Bonneville SSEi

Trunk leaks when parked on an upward facing angle (approx 15-25 degree grade). Help here --->

- , Brantford, ON, Canada

Aug 252006

Anytime there is water on the trunk, when I open it, it leaks into the trunk. It's pretty darn annoying! Is there a fix for this?

I also noticed that it leaks in between the exterior and the interior of the lid of the trunk. Is it the spoiler that also has a leak?

- , Spanish Fort, AL, USA

May 072006

Bonneville LSE

Every time it rains or when I wash my car the Driver side gets flooded. I'm not sure were the leak is, unable to locate were the water is coming in. The dealership wants to charge $80.00 to do a water test, which I think is crazy, I can turn the water hose on for them. That cost does not include the cost of parts and labor, that's just to tell me my car has a leak.

- , Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jan 132005

Bonneville LE

Trunk and floor boards are wet. Just want to know what is causing the problem

- , Pace, FL, USA