Difficulties Starting

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

6.0

1. starting fix (1 reports)
2001 Pontiac Bonneville electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Bonneville:

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Nov 132011

Bonneville 3.8L

I have a fix for the other users starting problem which won't cost you a penny as long as your careful. I went out to start my car and nothing, no crank, nothing. I found it was the wires going to the starter weren't tight enough to make a good contact, especially the smallest wire, there are 3 of them, check them all (especially the smallest one) and make sure they're tight. Just be careful not to strain the terminals on the starter, especially the smaller ones or they can break. My car hasn't missed a lick since then, As for your radio and dash lights, mine do the same, but I know it's a contact problem somewhere, because when I smack the dash the light will come on for a while. I haven't found out where it's at yet though. I can't believe the technicians missed the starting problem, I had the same problem on my Jeep and fixed it at no cost. I wonder if they were just trying to make money off of you?

- , Junction City, KS, USA