NHTSA — Air Bags Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt

2002 Pontiac Bonneville seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Bonneville:

2002 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Aug 012010

Bonneville 6-cyl

I have had a airbag light illuminated on my dash for some time now (not sure how long but a couple of years or more) and was concerned about this dash indicator with the recent airbag recalls. My VIN doesn't match any such recall notices, however some news websites (like cbs) initially indicted 2002 -2003 Pontiac Bonneville's were included in this airbag recall? they also indicated that vehicles near higher humidity areas were the vehicles being recalled, so that concerned me too, since I live about 8 miles from the pacific ocean. I think there is something inherently wrong with my airbags and I'd like the GM/the dealer to be responsible for this defect repair, before any harmful incidents occur in my vehicle!

- Calabasas, CA, USA

Mar 142003

The dealer had no parts available to perform the recall repairs on the air bags. Recall number unknown.

- New Kensington, PA, USA