Steering Noise Seal Of This Might Hurt

2002 Pontiac Bonneville steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Bonneville:

2002 Pontiac Bonneville Owner Comments

Jan 072009

When I start out, turning the steering wheel causes a thumping sound.

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 012006

There is an awful noise coming out of my steering column that makes me think something has broken off inside there. This is one of MANY THINGS I have had problems with concerning my Bonneville. I wish I would have done more research before I purchased this particular model.

- , Mora, MN, USA

May 102004

Bonneville Ssei

I know I am supposed to enter this problem for every time it has happened buy I don't have that kind of time. There is a faint thumping feeling in the steering when turning at a slow speed. People I have had this problem "fixed" four times. Currently the last time is holding and it cost me the most because the warranty is expired. This should have been a recall; Pontiac got bad parts and they knew it.

- , Centerburg, OH, USA

Feb 222004

While turning at low speeds the steering slips and clunks. I had it in to the dealer 3

years ago and they supposedly fixed it, but it didn't last. I have spoken to a GM

steering engineer about this problem and he thought it might be a tie rod. I have a personal mechanic looking at it now who says it's a U-joint. Luckily he won't charge

me dealer repair prices. I strongly agree with the other complainant. There should

be a recall on this!

- , Lawton, MI, USA

Dec 082006

Bonneville SLE 3.0L V6

Steering clunking noise at slow speeds. The Bonnevilles should be recalled. The internet is full of the same problem, and dealerships keep on lying and not doing the right job .Dealer suggested to replace the steering shaft. For $30,000 car I would expect better . I cannot wait to sell it or trade it in next year for a TOYOTA ...

- , Fresh Meadows, NY, USA