NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline Problems

1998 Pontiac Firebird engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Pontiac Firebird:

1998 Pontiac Firebird Owner Comments

Mar 052005

Firebird 6-cyl

Bought the car in Jan. Of 98, and didn't have any problems with it until 700 miles. That is when the gas pedal stuck for the first time. It went to the floor and I didn't have any control over it. Luckily I was on a rural road and shut the car off and it stopped. It happened 2 times after that, one time taking me 100 mph. The final time I was in heavy traffic and had no choice but to put it in neutral, which blew my motor and cost me 4000 to replace. I would appreciate some help because this is a life threating problem.

- Portage, IN, USA