NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

1.7

2007 Pontiac G5 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G5:

2007 Pontiac G5 Owner Comments

Oct 022015

G5

On October 2, 2015 when I picked up my vehicle, I asked shawn thomas if they had reprogramed my door to work with the new ignition cylinder that was replaced last time it was in for that recall. When I picked up my car from that recall service, they gave me my original Pontiac key and 2 new keys to the ignition. When I dripped it off for the most recent recall (fuel pump leak, fuel tank leak), I was told they should have reprogramed my doors to go with the new ignition and they would do that while it was in this time. It was on my receipt that they did reprogram but they did not. They made me another key for the ignition (not sure why I would need another ignition key. So now I have 3 ignition keys and 2 door keys (5 total keys) and 2 key fobs with remote start that was a feature that I had purchased originally when purchasing my car that no longer work since the ignition cylinder had to be replaced. When I asked shawn if it was reprogramed he told me yes that is what the receipt said. When I got to my car, it clearly had not been reprogramed and when I went in to ask shawn about it, he went and called the ┐manager┐ who said that they talked to me and told me that there would be a charge if they reprogramed it. I never had this conversation and the recall clearly states that they will reprogram my doors to go with my ignition and the fobs should be programed for remote start as well as that is a feature I had. Shawn told me it would be 2 hours labor because they have to take door panel apart and it was $165/hr. That would be $357.23 with tax for something there should not be a charge for under recall. Please see recall information attached.

- Midland, TX, USA

Oct 212013

G5

At the end of September 2013 I noticed a disturbing noise when I started my car. It was a loud rattling sound that lasted about 3 seconds when cranking my car. To my surprise the timing chain had snapped in half. On October 20-21, 2013, the timing chain set was removed and replaced by a trusted mechanic who informed me that I was lucky the engine had not been damaged. My complaint in question is why at only 54,540 miles did the timing chain snap in half" my next question is have there been any other complaints made by other owners or manufacturers of this model relating to this issue" I was frustrated as it was having to have the set replaced at only 54,540 miles, but I am even more frustrated with the latest recalls on my car (13454 and 14063). Especially when I learned GM had known the potential for this recall for an extensive amount of time. I loved this car when I got it, but now I have begun to question the entire integrity of my vehicle structurally, electrically, and mechanically. Even if nothing results from filing this complaint, honestly all I want is a human response that gives me some sort of belief that someone gives a damn about this matter.

- Danville, VA, USA