NHTSA — Parking Brake Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt Notes: Unfortunately the 2007 Pontiac G6 continues a serious trend of steering problems from the prior model year.

2007 Pontiac G6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac G6:

2007 Pontiac G6 Owner Comments

Jun 092008

I've had my 2007 Pontiac G6 in the shop several times for brake "issues". they changed pads, rotors and told me they couldn't stop the squeaking and that the strange "jumping" the brakes seemed to do was "normal" for ABS - which I know is not correct as I have owned many cars with ABS that didn't feel like this. Recently, the traction control light came on, the brakes failed, the emergency brake failed and we hit the back of another car. GM sent an engineer out to look at the event data recorder; however, would not provide me with a copy of the report (they said it was "proprietary"). they are refusing to fix my car and when I asked why the traction control light came on, their "professional" told me "I don't know - I wasn't there!". I've seen several complaints on about the rotors, over-heating problems and the need to have them replaced with non-GM parts to (hopefully) fix the problem. This is a major safety concern for me and I intend to dispose of the car as soon as possible.

- Dallas, TX, USA